Question with HOW
1. HOW is generally asked about manner; how something is done.
• How does he drive? — Carefully.
• How do you go to school? — By bus.
2. HOW is used with MUCH and MANY.
• How much does it cost? — Ten dollars.
• How many people came? — Fifteen.
3. HOW is used with ADJECTIVES and MANNERS.
• How cold is it? — Ten below zero.
• How soon can you get here? — In ten minutes.
4. HOW LONG asks about length of time.
• How long has she been here? — An hour.
• How long did it take you to finish your project? — Two weeks.
5. HOW OFTEN asks about frequency.
• How often do you visit your grandma? — Every other weekend.
• How often do you eat out with your family? — We seldom do that.
6. HOW FAR asks about distance.
• How far is it to Missouri from here? — Ten miles.