Why are eggs considered as traditional breakfast? — Because they are easy and quickly to fix. You can cook them any way you like: boil, fry, poach, scramble, or make yummy omelette.
You might be wondering why do we call a sunny-side up egg as such? — I think it’s probably because of its yolk that looks like a sun facing up. 🙂
How to make a perfect sunny-side up egg
1. In a non-stick pan, melt 1 teaspoon of cooking oil over medium heat.
2. Gently crack the egg into the pan.
3. If you want a soft sunny side up egg, where the edges are not crispy, it’s impotant to cook it slow and over a low heat. To do this you can tilt the pan and spoon some of the oil over the top of the egg to baste it.
4. Using the tip of the spatula, release the edges of the egg, then carefully slide the spatula below the egg and place it on the plate or on top of your dish.
How to make a perfect poached egg
Here are some tips to get a perfect poached egg:
1. Break the egg into a shallow cup or bowl. The reason why we do this is that we don’t want to break the yolk. Don’t forget to add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
2. Before you add the egg to the water, reduce the heat of your water so it is right on the edge of not boiling anymore. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of vinegar to the water. That will help the egg whites hold their shape.
4. Spoon your egg onto a paper towel. The paper towel will retain any loose strands of white and the excess liquid.
Voila! There you have a perfect poached egg. 😉
Before you go cracking and cooking the eggs, are you sure you bought the fresh eggs? Not sure how to know whether your eggs are fresh or not? You might need to look at the picture below: