What do those idioms mean?
TIE THE KNOT — Meaning: to get married!
• Tod and Rina will tie the knot next week! I’m so excited for them!
GET DUMPED — Meaning: when someone ends a relationship with you
• Barry got dumped by Julie last weekend. He didn’t expect it, but Julie was very unhappy.
LOVE TO PIECES — Meaning: to love someone or something a lot!
• Sonali loves her dog to pieces. She can’t go anywhere without him.
DOUBLE DATE — Meaning: when two couples go out and spend time together
• Stephan and Carrie are going on a double date with Michelle and Max.
FALL FOR SOMEONE — Meaning: to be in love with someone
• It’s hard not to fall for her! She’s perfect for me!
FIND MR. / MRS. RIGHT — Meaning: the perfect man or woman
• I didn’t think it would take me 20 years to find my Mr. Right, but I finally found him!
BLIND DATE — Meaning: going on a date for two people who have never met each other people
• I’ve never been on a blind date before. I’m so nervous. I hope he’s a nice guy.
POP THE QUESTION — Meaning: to ask someone to marry you
• I think I’m going to pop the question to Liza on Saturday. I hope the weather will be nice.
GO DUTCH — Meaning: you each pay separately for a meal
• Let’s go dutch tonight, I’ll get the first drinks, you can get the next ones!